Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Struggling

This afternoon I heard something, that I am now sitting here struggling with. Maybe some one out there could clarify. I was sitting with Barb and we were talking about the youth group we are starting together next week, and we were talking about what I can and can't teach and discuss with the group, and the thing that came up, is that the Haitian Pastor of the Church, told her that youth can't be saved, and that they could be is slightly off topic. I was taken back, and trying to reason it in my head. But I couldn't. The concept just didn't seem right, and there to Barb I spewed my feeling towards that. If you can't be saved and have a relationship with God, how can you have a meaningful relationship with your self, your family, your friends, whom ever you marry. Barb told me she agrees. I know I have to listen to what the Pastor wants, but how can I teach and not try to save these kids. I have some time to still work this out, but I don't know what to do.

No comments: